Artists Painting Paint Brush Color ArtAfter a group of like minded people got together and discussed different ways to increase the presence of arts and culture in the Langleys, which includes City of Langley and the Township of Langley, the Langley Arts Council was formed. They then applied for a certificate of incorporation in 1969. The Langley Arts remained a community art organization as a registered BC nonprofit. Nearly 30 years later, Langley Arts took another step forward and in August 1996 became a registered charity which gave Langley Arts more opportunity for continued growth.
As a community-based arts organization, we understand that artistic expression is essential for the overall health and well-being of the community; therefore,The Langley Arts Council provides the resources and support that allow art to thrive. Our organization is continually developing new and innovative programs in a variety of artistic disciplines. This includes: visual art, 3-D art, and performing art. In addition, to provide learning opportunities and encourage all art forms, the Langley Arts Council hosts a number of events and workshops throughout the year.
The Langley Arts Council’s purposes are as follows:
- Encourage the practice of all art forms, both existing and developing, in our community.
- Sustain the cultural contributions and heritages of the many peoples who call our region home.
- Develop an organization that supports the wide variety of artist-run groups, collectives, and businesses operating within Langley.
- Provide as a resource for individuals seeking information about artists and art forms.
- Encourage artist development and growth and provide resources to ensure all artists are able to excel in their craft.